Saturday, December 14, 2013

Wrapping Up

It's late to be posting this, but I wanted to include a little send-off, since yesterday was officially the last day of the semester for me.

I enjoyed this class!  Yes, learning the new software is an ongoing struggle, and the work itself could be challenging, but this ended up being my favorite class of the semester!  I may not be a graphic design major, but I know that I can take what I've learned here through the rest of my life; hopefully by creating packaging/cover designs for some of my own work in the future.  And more importantly, I feel inspired.  I have lots of ideas that I want to try out, new techniques to experiment with, renewed drive to improve myself.  It's refreshing.

In particular, I was happy with my work on the book cover.  This project felt the closest to something I'd want to do for myself and I was finally able to get myself to do something more clean and minimal, just like I was hoping way back at the start of the semester.  Yay, goals accomplished!  Personal growth!  Shouting!

What about you guys?  Do you feel like you grew as artists?  Did you have fun?  I hope so!
Have a great winter break, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. You did grow a lot, Sara! You got stronger as a designer as the semester progressed. I am glad you were in the class, and I appreciate your thoughtful comments during critiques. :) I agree about the book cover, but I also like the cereal illustration quite a bit. Have a great break!

    ReplyDelete