Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Even More Games!

Okay, had to do one more: Psionic Games.
It's just one guy in the UK who goes by Si, and he apparently makes everything in the games himself.  That alone is impressive.  All of his games are CGI as opposed to the hand drawn art I love from Hyptosis and Pastel, and while CG doesn't hold the same place in my heart I can't help but appreciate the details Si puts into everything.
BE WARNED: most of Si's games (okay, most of the ones that I like) are horror games, and they include the occasional jump scare.  If you're sensitive to that, you might want to skip this.  My personal favorite of his are the Ghostscape games.  You have to adventure alone through creepy settings, collecting evidence to put together the mystery of what is haunting the place.  Going back and forth trying to collect everything can be a little frustrating, but it also gets you to really appreciate the world that was created.
But wait, if you just don't care much about playing games, his website is still worth a look.  Because he's devoted to working on every aspect of his games himself and has built up so much, there's a lot of free 3D models, textures, sounds, etc. that he provides for other artists to use!  That is awesome to me!

So, with that said, I've really got to start working on something of my own.  There's no excuse now, it's something I've been wanting to do for a long time.  The only questions are: Just what is feasible for me with my current skill level? and What do I want to make?  I find these questions difficult to tackle, which might be partly why I've waited so long.  Once I can answer them, though, the rest should come easy.
So, thoughts?  Comments?  I know you've only seen a little of my style and what I can do, but I'd love to see what everyone thinks!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know once you get more into this...I'd love to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete