Saturday, December 14, 2013

School Graffiti

What do you think of the graffiti that occasionally shows up around the school, especially in the art building?  Lately I've been taking photos when I notice ones I like, unfortunately I can't post them here because of my computer crash.  I might be able to recover the photos, I just can't count on getting that done soon.

But I can still tell you about them.  In particular, there was a piece signed "Banksy" on the second floor of the stairwell in the Art Building of a smoking fish.  This is what first got me to start looking out for and making note of school graffiti.  I passed by it almost every day for weeks, so it should still be there.  The only change I noticed was that someone wiped off "Banksy" and wrote "No!" shortly after it first popped up.  Not sure why, maybe they thought whoever posted it was a poseur?

Another which I only noticed yesterday, but I doubt can stay up long: on the main crossing area between the student center block and the library/general classroom building/art building block, someone tagged the stick figure sign.  They painted little black wings on the stick figure and attached a can of Red Bull to his hand.  I though it was funny.  But again, this one's up in a very public area on a street sign, so I doubt it can stay up nearly as long as the stairwell fish.

Those are the main two that really caught my attention, and I hope you can catch them before they're taken down!

No comments:

Post a Comment