Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Games!

I remember at the beginning of the year talking about how I'd like to work on a game.  Just a simple one, maybe text-based or point-and-click, but after how crazy this semester was and all the trouble I had with my programming class even that started to seem overwhelming.  Still, winter break is approaching, and that always sets my mind toward working on personal projects.

One guy who keeps inspiring me to make my own games is an artist called Hyptosis, on Newgrounds.  He's most famous for his work on the creepy yet whimsical Alice is Dead series, but he's done quite  a few other games.  They vary in tone from slightly dark to very lighthearted, but what really gets me is that he is slowly developing a world for all of his fantasy games to live in.  Not just little jokes and references to old games here and there; events in one series are having effects on the events in the others.  Aside from the fantasy world, the main thing he sticks to is zombie apocalypse survivor games.  Dude loves zombies.  Now, I personally found his zombie games a bit hit-or-miss, but I do think everyone should check out his The Sagittarian series.  It's a choose your own adventure point-and-click, with a catchy soundtrack and a great, surprisingly complex story.

Wow, I didn't really mean to turn that into a review, but like I said, I admire Hyptosis and I've been following/internet stalking him for a while now.  Check him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment