Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Book Cover Project Progress

So, after doodling whatever ideas came to mind, I pretty quickly settled on this basic idea:
Which I later refined:

I had a lot of trouble trying to figure out what to put on the back.  I took a break from thinking about that to work on the other aspects of the back cover, like the summary.  This is silly to mention, but I ended up writing the summary myself.  I know we could have just taken one from anywhere, but I didn't like any of the summaries I found and I wanted to make it interesting, not just presenting it as something everyone already knows.
I'm actually glad I did, though, because seeing what the cover looked like after that helped me finally decide what to do.  It's so nice and clean looking (especially compared to what I normally put out) that it seemed only natural to just continue the flow of the front cover in a simple, unobtrusive way.
So after all that, along with my home computer dying and the ridiculous misadventures with the printer taking a FULL HALF HOUR to print two pages even though they had barely any ink on them, this is the finished product:
And I'm actually pretty proud of it!  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment