Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Project Two Step Four

In my research on Teavana, I've had some trouble finding ads besides the ones that occasionally come up on my banners after looking them up on the Internet myself.  That makes sense, in retrospect, as I even found an article on the company stating that their business strategy relies on "virtually no advertising," instead focusing on tea culture, mall foot traffic, and word of mouth.  Well, it does seem to be working for them.
So, I decided instead to pick some images from their site as examples of their advertising.







I like their style: clean, crisp, and colorful, everything looks beautiful and tasty.  Still, you're not likely to see it unless you know about them already.  I don't like to be swamped with ads any more than the next person, but I believe they would benefit from more exposure.
I get a similar feeling watching the videos on their YouTube channel: the people they have to speak seem to know their stuff and some viewers love the real-person appeal, but for that same reason they can come off looking a bit unprofessional compared to ads with actors and professional speakers.

Since Teavana doesn't have their own tagline, I've been playing around with some that I hope will be good:
  • Tea can transport you.
  • Tea can take you there.
  • Travel the world in a cup.
  • Entire worlds in one cup.
  • An entire world in a cup.
  • Drink in the world.
  • Experience the world with Teavana.
  • Tastes of the world from Teavana.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment